Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Uta Barth

Title: Untitled

Artist: Uta Barth

Medium:

Year:

 

Artist's Biography – (50-75 words): Uta was born in Berlin, Germany. She is a contemporary photographer, and is a recipient of the John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship. Barth likes experimenting with depth of field, focus, and framing to make suggestive photos. She takes her photos in an abstract way.

 

 

 

Personal Reaction – (50 – 75 words): I really like her work. I like the lack of color and the emptiness of the photos. I feel some of them are haunting in a way just by the lack of subject or the sparseness of it. My favorite photo by her is untitled. I like this photo because of the lighting on the wall. I like how the whole picture seems to have the color of the couch in it. The reflections of the light on the wall are beautiful because it balances the sliver of the couch. I also find it very interesting that the couch is crooked along with the lights reflection.

 

 

 

 

Name (please only include if it is ok to publish on blog):

No comments:

Post a Comment